Thursday, April 23, 2009

Millionaire Traders Part 3 - Rob Booker

In less than 5 years, former lawyer turned full-time trader has gone from being a $2500 trader to a client of a major bank who trade a respectable-size account. He practices defensive trading and focuses on preservation of capital. His number one rule of trading is : "If I can't prove that a system works from my testing, than I have no business trading with real money."

Some of his encouraging quotes :

"There was going to be learning period during which I felt uncomfortable, made a lot of mistakes, and had to learn for myself some of the things that you simply can't learned by reading a book or listening to someone else as much as they try to help you."

"I made a decision that I was going to make it work. It was clear to me that other people could trade for a living, and if it was possible for other people to do it, then I could persevere long enough to figure it out."

The key to learn from his interview is that knowing yourself is more important than any particular trading strategy. You need to make sure that your style of trading is in sync with your personality. If you are a short term trader, you should focus on short-terms profits. If you are long term trader, you should focus on longer term or bigger profits. Some of his favourite currency pairs are GBP/USD, USD/JPY and EUR/CAD.

No comments: