Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Which currency pairs gives the best yield?

The 4 majors - EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF are the most traded currency pairs. They are the most liquid and active pairs. However, there are some that trades only a currency pair. Each forex trader has different risk appetite and trading style. It's best to learn a currency pair 'behaviour' at a time than trade on all currency pairs.

There are some that just trade on the crosses such as GBPJPY,AUDJPY etc. I love GBPJPY, one of my favourite, and traded it with 1 hour time frame. It gives me the freedom to do other things and I need not glue to the screen too. Furthermore, shorter time frame is very volatile too. Basically, I draw trend lines, support and resistant lines - very important. Follow that I use Stochastic and RSI - just a guide only. Cut loss is 100pips. Profit is 100pips or more.

I know conventional talk will give a thumb down to my trading style - risk/reward ratio etc. Yes, if you do what majority do, you sure get what everyone else gets. GBPJPY is a unique currency pair whereby it swings high and low before it gets to your target. If you set a cut loss of 50pips or less, chances of being stop out 1st before you get your profits is high. How many times a forex traders got stop out before arriving to his target? At the end of the day it's more important to have a constant profit flowing in.

No comments: